How to Read and Decode a Pet Food Label with Checklist
January 21, 2021
With Bonus Checklist
Do misleading marketing terms and industry jargon make it feel like you need a Ph.D. in animal nutrition to understand what exactly you’re feeding your pet?
If so, you’re not alone. The pet food industry is complex, especially when you consider that the nutritional requirements of animals are vastly different than human needs.
Whether you’re exploring new food options or just want to better understand what’s in your pet’s food, we know that reading a label can be overwhelming. That’s why we’ve created a handy guide that explains:
- How Pet Food is Regulated in the U.S.
- How to Decode the Contents of a Pet Food Label
- 5 Common & Misleading Pet Food Marketing Terms
- Glossary of Common Pet Food Ingredients & Terms
- 10 Things to Look for in a Pet Food